Pets Are Welcome But Their Owners Must Be Well-Trained
Baraboo Hills Campground is pet friendly and welcomes campers who travel and share their camping with the family dog and/or cat. However, to insure all of our guests have a safe and enjoyable time, it is important that you read and abide by the following pet policy. Note: One pet included with campsite; $10 for second pet. 2 pets max and no pets allowed in rentals.
Make sure your PET has fun too! If your PET is not used to a leash or other human contact, big and small, or likes to bark freely, it may not enjoy our facility.
Baraboo Hills Campground Dog Park
Baraboo Hills Campground is a family oriented facility, which is considered by many folks to be a reasonable safe environment for their children and grandchildren to visit and enjoy.
National statistics about the rapid increase in dog bites has caused insurance companies much concern. As a result we are requiring all persons bringing pets into Baraboo Hills Campground to read this policy and sign their name to a copy before occupying a campsite.
- Our insurance provider requirements are that we cannot accept breeds having a history of unfriendly and aggressive behavior to both other dogs and to humans. These breeds are Dobermans, Chows, Pit bulls, Rottweiler’s, Akitas, Wolf Hybrids or crossbreeds thereof. If you have one of these breeds, please call to discuss your situation.
- No more than 2 pets per site are permitted. One included in site fee.
- Visitors of guests are not permitted to bring pets into the campground.
- All pets should have proper papers and/or tags of vaccinations.
- Pets should never be left unattended including inside your RV.
- Pets must be on a short leash at all times when being walked or on a strong durable leash that will not allow pet to extend off the campsite in any direction.
- Pets creating a disturbance or being a nuisance will not be tolerated.
- IMPORTANT: All pet droppings are the responsibility of the pet owner. Not picking up after your pet is a reason to be asked to leave our campground.
- No pets are allowed in the Store, Cabins, and Restrooms, Swimming areas or playgrounds according to the State Health Department.
- Children under the age of 10 will not be allowed to walk pets unsupervised in the campground.
- We encourage all dog owners to call in advance to inquire about any specific rules that might apply to their pet.
- Service dogs of any breed are welcome. However, these animals must follow the leash policies and may not exhibit aggressive behavior.
- If camping in one of our rentals AND you MUST bring your pet, we can help you locate a local pet sitter.